September 15, 2010

Seriously?

With the Open Enrollment period coming and in light of Hubby's employer being acquired a while back, we have changes coming to our various forms of insurance and other benefits for 2011.  The booklet arrived a day or two ago, and I just about choked last night when I read this:

"One of the changes resulting from the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (healthcare reform) is the requirement to have a prescription for your OTC medications for reimbursement from the Health Care FSA in 2011."

Excuse me?  Seriously?  SERIOUSLY?  The ObamaCare Act says that I can't be trusted to have my FSA (Flexible Spending Account) pay for Excedrin, PeptoBismol or Midol without seeing a doctor and getting a prescription?  SERIOUSLY?  I'm sorry, no matter what your politics are, ya gotta agree that that's just ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment