- Overdue car repair: $2,736
- Major knee surgery for dog: $3,000
- Refurbished laptop (and software) to replace dropped laptop & (temporarily) incapacitated living room laptop: ~$500
- Flexible spending account deadline stupidly missed: $3,300
- New tires for Pilot: $549
- Replacement printer for printer that finally completely died (been going for a while): ~$80
- Assorted other debt: ~$6,000
Ya know what, though? In light of yesterday's tragic San Bruno fire, this stuff is nothing. NOTHING. We'll get through it, we'll learn stuff along the way, AND we'll find a way to help out those in San Bruno.
James 4:13-16 (GOD’S WORD Translation)
13Pay attention to this! You’re saying, “Today or tomorrow we will go into some city, stay there a year, conduct business, and make money.” 14You don’t know what will happen tomorrow. What is life? You are a mist that is seen for a moment and then disappears. 15Instead, you should say, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and carry out our plans.” 16However, you brag because you’re arrogant. All such bragging is evil.
Don't take ANYTHING for granted, folks, and be grateful for what you have!