- I am a procrastinator.
- However long I think it will take to knit something, I should plan on twice that long.
- I truly DO NOT LIKE traditional set-in sleeves.
- Elastic yarn is a royal pain in the butt.
- Two miles of garter stitch is a LOT of garter stitch.
- If I never knit with Plymouth Encore Worsted again, I will not be heartbroken.
- It is MUCH easier to be motivated to work on a project you really enjoy.
- I have good ideas sometimes and should not be afraid to express them.
- I work much better when I have an actual deadline I need to meet (see first item on list).
- Swatching really IS important.
- Swatches do, indeed, sometimes LIE.
- It is very difficult for two different people to get exactly the same gauge.
- Perfection is in the eye of the beholder.
- I really am a good knitter.
- I'm really not "all that" and CAN AND WILL fail when I start to get a big head.
- One person's "big-name knitwear designer" is another person's "WHO?"
- It feels REALLY good to open up a magazine or book to a picture of a sweater/afghan/etc. and be able to say, "I made THAT VERY ONE."
September 8, 2010
Things I've Learned
Things I've learned from being a sample knitter:
at 11:18 PM