January 28, 2011

Another Bag for Marie

Marie liked her Christmas present so much that she asked me to make her another bag, this time in lighter colors.  My LYS didn't have the particular shade of Kureyon I had in mind for it, but I think this one turned out well.  I stranded it w/some Patons Classic Wool Merino in Camel from my stash. 

For some reason, this one was coming out smaller, so I went up a needle size and added rows in the "knit __ rows plain" sections.  Unfortunately, b/c of the light color of the Patons, I had to felt it a little extra for it to be dense enough, so despite the extra size, it ended up smaller.  Oh, well.  I still think it turned out well.

BEFORE FELTING:

Buttonhole Before

AFTER FELTING:

Buttonhole After

As you can see, it shrank A LOT, but that's OK.  I hope she likes it.  I enjoyed making it; it was a good palate-cleanser after knitting the not-slouchy-enough hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment