February 10, 2011

Iron Craft 2011 - Challenges 5, 6 & 7 (aka "I'm Soooo Lame")

Have you been keeping up with Iron Craft 2011?  Well, I haven't.  I mean, I've been reading it; I just haven't been doing it.  Dunno how I'm gonna make me 30/52 goal.

Challenge #5 - Be Mine = FAIL:  I really liked the idea of making a special, unusual Valentine for someone special to me.  Thing is, everyone special enough that I would want to make him/her a special Valentine reads this blog, so how could I make the Valentine & post pictures without the recipient knowing?  I could have just done some fancy cards, but I SO do NOT have the mad skillz when it comes to papercrafts.


Challenge #6 - Winter (+ a Contest!) = FAIL:  Create something that says "winter" to you.  Cool idea (Get it?  Winter.  Cool. Well, I thought it was funny...), but all I could think of was a knitted snowflake or a snowflake motif knitted into something.  I knew this was totally UNoriginal, and I was feeling totally uninspired, so I passed.

So.  We now come to Challenge #7 - Midas Touch.  Create something using gold.  It can be ANYTHING.  Hmm...I have some gold crochet cotton-type stuff up in the attic.  I wonder....Watch this space.

1 comment: