February 26, 2011

Random Thoughts

Saw a great sweatshirt on a boy at the library today:

Front = picture of Rosie the Riveter, says "Mills Women" (Mills = local women's college)
Back says "Smarter than Barbie.  Stronger than Ken."  LOVE IT!


If my vitamins are so "high potency", why does the bottle say I need to take five of them a day?


Watching season two of "Breaking Bad" on DVD.  Wow.  I had forgotten how well-done this show is.  If you've never seen it or your only exposure to Bryan Cranston was "Malcolm in the Middle", you should go back and check out the first few episodes of season one.  It's definitely a "not for the kids" show, but it is SO well done.  Serious kudos owed to everyone involved.


Watched (most of ) "The Green Mile" on TV last night.  Another forgotten gem.  Not your typical Steven King story, much more my cup of tea.  Kids watched parts of it with us (changed the channel for the "what happened to the little girls" parts) and were really into it, too. 


Another remake of "Jane Eyre" hits the theaters on March 11th.  I won't be able to go see it right away, but I'm dying to go.  Anyone want to hit a matinee with me while the kids are in school one day?


Watch this space for more dyeing projects in the spring.  The same teacher who did the fabric dyeing class in the fall will be offering a "Dyeing for Crafters" class soon.  Woot!  Sign me up!  My brain is boiling with ideas....


Knitting updates coming soon.  Really.  I promise; I have been knitting (like I'm ever not?).

No comments:

Post a Comment