March 3, 2011

Iron Craft 2011 - Challenge #9 - COMPLETE

Challenge #9 was to create something movie-inspired.  Something sparked me, and I thought of the various forests in The Lord of The Rings - Rivendell, Lorien, and those in the book(s) but not the movie(s).  I thought of deep, rich, old plants & trees and of bright, fresh new growth.  Lushness.  Velvety softness.  Ferns.  Malabrigo.

So, here we have three variations on a theme:  three different Malabrigo Worsted cowls, one in Verdes, one in Mariposa, and one in the remnants of both.  They didn't turn out exactly as I wanted, but they're still pretty good...and they ate up some stash.

IC9 1.1 IC9 1.3 IC9 2.2 IC9 2.3 IC9 3.1 IC9 3.2

2 comments:

  1. Ok you did three things for this challenge, isn't that extra credit?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, YOU would be the one to decide whether or not I get extra credit for that, but I could sure USE the extra credit!

    ReplyDelete