April 16, 2011

Women's Day 2011

Last night was our annual Women's Day event at church.  I didn't take as many pictures as I normally do, but I took a few.  Unfortunately, my pal Erica Q. left before I got around to taking pictures of the group at our table.  The circulating photographer got pictures of us, though, so I might be able to snag a copy from him.

WD - Table WD - Centerpiece WD - Three Middle Schoolers WD - T1 Erica WD - T1 WD - MS Table 1 WD - MS Table 2 WD - L.A.R. 2 WD - Table Ladies 3

As you can see, my mini Peep centerpiece for this past week's Iron Craft challenge was good practice for the centerpiece at our table.  We got SO MANY compliments on the table!  I was SURE we'd at least be in the running for the "best table decoration" prize, but the "Women of the World" table got it.  One of the middle school tables got a prize, too.  Maybe next year....

FUNNY:  I was dressed and getting ready to go when Thing Two declared my outfit "too fancy" and insisted that I had to wear something else.  She chose my bright orange Indian blouse from Singapore.  I changed, and then Thing One came in and immediately declared that my outfit was "just wrong" and said she wasn't going to Women's Day with me dressed like that. She insisted that I HAD to change.  Even though I was frustrated and feeling anxious about the time, I consented and worked with the girls to come up with something they approved of.  I guess this day had to come eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment