June 23, 2011

Vacation Stash Additions

Bouton d'Or Ksar

3 balls of Bouton d'Or Ksar, purchased in Everett, WA at Great Yarns.  Yes, this ball looks tiny.  Why?  Because I got all the rest of the yarn knit up into a mobius before I was someplace with good enough light for a stash picture!  (As soon as I get the ends woven in and the mobius washed, etc., I'll post a picture or three of it.)  I'm kicking myself now for not buying up all they had of this stuff in every color b/c it's a discontinued yarn, and I love it.  A gazillion years ago, I knit a commissioned scarf for my pal Mary Ellen's mom out of this stuff, and I just loved it.  Have I mentioned that the yarn is half merino and half camel?  This is one of those yarns you want to throw down on the bed and just roll around in, naked.  Really.  I mean it.


Star Castle Fiber Mill Alpaca Sock

Star Castle Fiber Mill alpaca sock yarn, naturally colored, purchased at So Much Yarn in Seattle, WA.  Isn't this gorgeous?  OK, so, you can't feel it through the computer, but it's DELICIOUS (see note about aforementioned camel/merino yarn).  I'm thinking a deeper, black Bertha or else something new based on Macbeth, which I'm listening to right now on ChopBard.  Whatever I make from this, it needs to be REALLY special because, well...this was the second-most expensive skein of yarn I've ever purchased (surpassed only by the skein of Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace in Vera that I bought years ago, never used, and ended up selling to someone on Ravelry).

No comments:

Post a Comment