October 22, 2011

Book Update - WWMDfK Follow-Up(s)

Yes, follow-ups, plural.

As I believe I've mentioned before, What Would Madame Defarge Knit? has been so well received that a follow-up book is in the works.  After last weekend's Rhinebeck wool-a-palooza (SO jealous!  Next year in Rhinebeck?), Shannon, Heather, and who knows who else decided that, actually, THREE follow-up books were needed, hence the plan is this:


  1. What Would Madame Defarge Knit? - released Summer 2011
  2. Follow-Up Book [working title: WWMDfK2] - more patterns based on characters from classic literature; very broad
  3. Defarge Does Shakespeare
  4. Defarge Does Chaucer
As of this writing, I expect to have one pattern (or more?) in WWMDfK2 and two (really four+) in Defarge Does Shakespeare.  Chaucer?  Uh...that would be "no".  Not gonna read Chaucer.  Then again, that's what I said about Moby Dick, right, and look where THAT got me!  (Gosh, have I got the hots for that male model with the "racing stripes" in his hair!)

Watch CraftLit and this space for further updates.  Please bear with my lack of knitting photos for a while.  Considering that one of my patterns for Defarge Does Shakespeare has roughly six variations and the other has two, I'm kind of up to my eyeballs, as it were.  And then there's the Christmas knitting.  Oy, me and my over-commitment...

No comments:

Post a Comment