I meant to take some pictures of the spread, but never got around to it. It was a pretty impressive array of sweets, if I do say so myself. Then again, when it comes to throwing a Christmas dessert party, I learned from the best - my mom!
I had had grandiose intentions of making ornaments or other favors for people to take when they left, but that never happened. (Next year, I'll have to start making them in November or something.) As it turns out, we had so MUCH food that I should have made everyone care packages to take home.
- Red velvet birthday cake w/cream cheese frosting & sprinkles (one guest turned 11 on the 20th, another turns 14 today)
- Coconut white cake cupcakes w/green frosting and Christmas Peeps on top (snowmen, Christmas trees, and reindeer)
- Caramel-swirl brownies
- Dipped pretzels (dipped in melted: caramel; candy cane Kisses; peanut butter chips; cookies & cream Kisses; Andes mints & mint chips; regular chocolate chips - some with coconut, some with assorted sprinkles, some with toffee chips)
- "Moose Munch" or "Moose Bark" - pretzels & popcorn with caramel, toffee bits, Christmas M&M's, and melted chocolate
- The last of the See's Candy (nuts & chews) that Rob Skinner gave us on Monday
- Some store-bought cookies that Thing Two really loves (those thick, soft sugar cookies w/icing and seasonal sprinkles)
- A bowl of assorted Christmas Hershey's Kisses
- A bowl of assorted Christmas M&M's
- Hot cider
- Egg nog
- Root beer
- Diet soda
As if all this weren't enough, people brought:
- Shrimp with cocktail sauce
- Pumpkin pie
- Cream puffs
- Homemade sushi
- Better egg nog than I had provided
I was having FAR too much fun with people to remember to take pictures, but I did manage a few, and here they are for your viewing pleasure;
|Thing One, Eagerly Awaiting Guests|
|The Two Ericas|
|This is Our Skinny "After" Picture.|
Jeannette Has Lost More Than My Total Body Weight!
|Heather & David, Mansour & Reza|
Heather & David Are Part of That "Exclusive Club No One Wants To Belong To":
Parents Who've Experienced Stillbirth or Neonatal Death
|Lauren Wearing T1's Wig, T2's Cap & T2's Fake Glasses|
Doesn't She Look Like Garth From "Wayne's World"???
From what I hear, a good time was had by all....