January 14, 2012

2012 Stash - First Additions

Fret thou not; I have not broken my "cold sheep" vow of not buying any new yarn until Stitches next month.  This yarn was all acquired through a "Zen Night" at my knitting group on Tuesday.  As you might imagine, this is a yarn swap night, but the "Zen" aspect is that no one expects anything in return.  If you have yarn you're not going to use or you don't want anymore for whatever reason, you bring it and put it out for anyone to take.  There is no "take only as much as you bring" rule; you can bring nothing and go home with three pounds of yarn or bring three bins of yarn and take nothing home.  We had a record turn-out that night, and the other patrons at Starbucks clearly thought we were nuts (except for any other Tuesday night "regulars" who are used to the crazy knitters).  I took some yarn that needed a loving home and came home with this, which happened to all come from my pal Julie:



Cotlin MRed.1 003 004 005 006 007 008 009 010 WOTA Arctic Heather 012 Malabrigo Dos

There is more than enough of the red CotLin for me to make myself a new Alisa for the summer.  Why do I need a new one?  Well, I handed down the original (a test knit for Chrispy) to a friend.  Why did I hand it down, even though it turned out so well and was so special to me (my first test/sample knit job!!)?

Since a picture is worth 1,000 words:


P5110010
'Nuff said...


In light of a pattern that Julie also brought, I suspect all the blue and grey WOTA was part of a felted bag kit.  I am overdue on some baby boy baby gifts, so all this blue will come in quite handy, even though it's not superwash.

No comments:

Post a Comment