February 8, 2012

Catching Up

I know - long time, no blog.  My pattern for Defarge Deux was due a week ago (and didn't get finished until two days ago), Andrew's birthday was last week, Thing One missed a couple of days of school, etc., etc.  You get the picture.

I can't show you any pictures of the Defarge Deux project, but I'll tell you this much:  Superwash yarn; atypical construction.

Andrew's birthday was great fun.  It was one of those milestone birthdays because he turned 45. In typical fashion, we had a barbecue with way too much meat for the number of people we had.  The theme was "BBQ Around The World", and we ended up with four different types of ribs, plus 50 oysters, and some shrimp, not to mention assorted side dishes, cupcakes, and my mom's famous "Cheesecake for Twenty".  A good time was had by all, as far as I could tell.

The girls are doing well.  It's hard to believe that the other day, I went over to the district office and did the paperwork saying where we wanted Thing Two to go to middle school.  Today, Thing One has an orientation about high school next year.  Yikes!  Weren't they both just in diapers?

OK, off to a wee bit of self-indulgent knitting before I jump back into the "work" knitting.  I may have my Defarge Deux project done, but there's still the four items for Defarge Does Shakespeare, plus something to design for Defarge Does Sherlock...

No comments:

Post a Comment