May 19, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Since I am fortunate enough to have my mother not just living, but living locally, around our house, on Mother's Day weekend, Sunday is "Nana's" day, and Saturday is "my" day.  Due to a snag in communication, Saturday didn't exactly go the way I wanted, and for a while I was...less than happy and content.  I got it together, though, and Hubby took us (AND our houseguest, Wilfred) out to dinner at Kincaid's, exactly where I wanted go.  Considering the bill at the end of the evening, this, my friends is nothing to sneeze at, and I was quite grateful.

Here we have Saturday's highlights:


Untitled Untitled Kincaid's Dinner

On Sunday, Thing One insisted on making me breakfast in bed because I had been unprepared on Saturday and had eaten my breakfast before she got up.  By the time she made it for me, I was already dressed, so I got back into bed, as promised, to eat it.


Untitled Untitled

At church, the tradition of having all the moms stand to receive one red rose each was continued, this time with the slight twist of having the middle school kids be the ones to pass them out.  After service, I managed to get a good picture of Bobcat and me, something I haven't had in a long time.


Untitled

After this, we headed over the Bay and through the woods to Poppa and Nana's place to celebrate her.  Wilfred came with us and got to see another part of the Bay Area and another aspect of American life.  When we were there, I was too relaxed to take photos.  Ah, well.  Suffice it to say that Hubby and Auntie did a fabulous job making a delicious dinner for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment