February 7, 2013

Surfacing...

..and I don't mean the Margaret Atwood novel.

So, we survived Influenza Type A.  Thing Two had it for sure, and I'm pretty certain that I did, too.  Thing One took the Tamiflu preventively and never got it.  Andrew got some Tamiflu but didn't end up taking it.  I imagine he'll take it with him on his Switzerland trip, just in case.  I'm still iffy on the whole flu shot idea, but if you DO get the flu, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Tamiflu (and not just b/c Andrew works for the company that invented and makes it, LOL).  That stuff works!

As you've probably realized, I've been in a bit of a funk for a while now.  Mojo has been missing, motivation in the toilet.  For weeks, the only knitting I've been able to do is dishcloths, mostly while watching Star Trek: The Next Generation (I'm on season four already!).  Getting sick, then having a spate of allergy headaches (high pollen count around here lately) and a TMJ flare-up didn't help much, either.  Things are looking up, though.  I think.

FAMILY HAPPENINGS:

Andrew had a very low-key birthday.  We didn't have a BBQ this year, just did our traditional "presents in the morning, Red Robin for dinner" family celebration on the actual day (followed by my crawling into bed at 8:00 b/c of a headache I'd had all day; do I know how to party or what?).


Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Thing Two got braces the next day.

Untitled


KNITTING:

As I said, only dishcloths for the gift stockpile of late, but boy, have there been a lot of them!

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Oh, I never did show a picture of the Noro Maiko shawl I finished and started wearing w/o blocking it (heresy!).  I do so love it; I really think it's a perfect color and style for dressing up jeans.


Untitled
Obligatory tacky public bathroom mirror shot, complete with awkward facial expression.
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment