February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

In some ways, we had a laid-back Valentine's around here this year; in others, it was more than normal.  I was a bit "off my game" in that I never got bacon to make bacon hearts for breakfast, but I did make chocolate-cherry muffins and set the table nicely.  Each person had a box of chocolates and a t-shirt reflecting his/her interests at his/her place.  The highlight of the table, though, was the gorgeous flowers Andrew surprised us with on Wednesday night - calla lilies for me and a single pink rose for each of the girls.

This year, I never got around to finding someone to come hang out with the girls while we went out.  It was OK because they're old enough to be home for a few hours, but it was a definite break with tradition.  In years past, I've had a single friend come over so she's not home alone having a pity party on Valentine's, and I set the table fancy, made a really nice dinner for the three of them, and gave her a special present.  This year, the kids got pizza and root from Mr. Pizza Man, and they were fine.

Andrew had some "thanks for picking up the slack while I was gone on sabbatical" gift cards from his boss, so we had an early yummy dinner at BJ's, then went to see the new "Die Hard".  Total party animals that we are, we were home by 9:30.


Untitled Untitled 14 Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment