A friend of mine wants to buy a pre-made Bag Ban Grocery Bag from me. As a non-knitter, how much would you feel OK about paying for one, keeping in mind that it's:
- Made by hand by an actual human
- Made to spec (i.e. the colors you requested, etc.)
- Machine washable/dryable (so you won't have to worry about the whole bacteria thing)
- Supporting a friend/local small business
Depending on what color she wants, I may already have the necessary yarn in my stash. If not, I'll have to go out and buy the right stuff. Either way, the cost of the yarn will need to be figured into it.
Knitters, how would you figure the price?
- By the yard (i.e. 20c per yard of yarn used)
- An amount based on the cost of the yarn (i.e. 3x the cost)
- An amount based on what you charge for the pattern
- An amount based on the time it took you (the least practical b/c you couldn't charge even 1/3 of minimum wage!)
- A flat amount based on what you see comparable bags going for on Etsy
Do tell; inquiring minds want to know!