November 3, 2013

Catching Up - CogKNITive Fiber Retreat

So, a few weeks ago, I got to be a "vendor" at the CogKNITive Fiber Retreat down in Tehachapi.  Well...I was supposed to be vending on behalf of Cooperative Press, but there was a major shipping debacle thanks to the printing company, so I was more of a "hanger-out" than a vendor.

Anyhow, Andrew, amazing husband that he is, took time off work to drive me there and back and hang out with the crazy knitters.  During the main activities that Saturday, he also got in an 18-mile mountain bike ride.

Despite the shipping mess, I had a fabulous time.  We had dinner Friday night with Doctor Gemma, Michelle Miller, Tally, Loretta, and (?) Stacy.  Saturday, I sat in the vendor room, spun for hours, chatted with the vendors, and bought stuff (yeah, pretty much inevitable with so much pretty in one room).  Saturday night dinner was a hoot and a half:  a whack of knitters in the hotel bar, a live band, ten or so knitters (ranging in age from 30ish to...senior citizen) and Andrew dancing.  Sunday, breakfast with the knitters, then a stop at the military cemetery to pay our respects to Richard Higuera, then the long drive home.

In between all those things, lots of hanging out, laughing, knitting, spinning, and conniving with the other aforementioned folks, plus The Two KnitLit Chicks, Data Knitter, KnitAdmin, and more.

Upshot?

  1. New friends made while having a great time hanging out with friends I already had.
  2. Next year, I will arrange for the books to be shipped to me in September so that even if they're late, I'll have them in time.
  3. Andrew already has in mind what bike rides he wants to do next year.
  4. Don't be surprised if I design a shawl or cowl for next year.
No photos or videos of the Saturday night dance fest have surfaced, but here are other highlights from the weekend:


CFR5 1 CFR5 3 CFR5 5 CFR5 6  CFR5 8

No comments:

Post a Comment