After a bit of a delay, I got conned into we rescheduled the sleepover for last night (kids have a four-day weekend because of President's Day).
|Looking at this picture, can you see why Thing Two's nicknames|
in their gang of girls are "White Girl" and "White Chocolate"?
- Junk food, duck tacos, cinnamon rolls, and a boatload of strawberries were consumed.
- A blanket fort was built.
- "Phantom of the Opera" was watched.
- Much to the girls' chagrin (but with advance notice to them and their parents via the invitation), electronics were collected around 10:30 last night and returned around 9:30 this morning.
Strange overheard: I don't WANT the holy water!
- G---- likes me.
- They all consider M---- (a guy friend of theirs) "basically gay".
- Somebody's mom is "scary" (couldn't tell who was talking and to whom).
- Seventh grade girls don't actually eat as much as I expected.
- My kids really are in the minority by not having smartphones (NOT something I intend to change anytime soon).
- Middle school sleepovers are much easier to endure when one removes one's hearing aids.
- I wish I had figured out #6 a few hours before I did.