February 12, 2014

Ravellenics and Finishuary and Goals, Oh MY!

RAVELLENICS:

Remember The Yarn Harlot's 2006 Knitting Olympics?  The old Ravelympics?  Well, thanks to the IOC, no events are allowed to exist with these names (Really?  THAT petty?), so now we have The Ravellenic Games.  Being up to my eyeballs in...life, I almost chose not to participate this year, but I just couldn't bring myself to do that, so I elected to compete in only two events:

  1. WIPsDancing (completing works in progress that have been lying dormant)
    1. Shaping Experiment Swatches
    2. Lifestyle Toe-Up, No-Swatch Socks
    3. Garter Yoke Baby Cardi for Baby G
    4. Green Scarf of Annihilation
  2. Aerial Unwind (frogging something that just isn't right/doesn't work, etc.)
    1. Baby Raider Blanket
I am DETERMINED to medal this year!  I'll post pictures and progress updates.  GO, TEAM SASQUATCH!


FINISHUARY:

Every year, Miss Kalendar of the Brass Needles podcast designate the month of February as "Finishuary" for finishing up languishing works in progress.  In years where we have winter Olympics, these two coincide nicely, and she has NO problem with people "double-dipping", using the same projects for both WIPsDancing and Finishuary.  While The Ravellenic Games only awards virtual medals, Finishuary has actual, real, tangible prizes, so get on over to the Ravelry Group and sign on up!  And if you're a knitter who enjoys sci-fi, but you don't already listen to Brass Needles, why NOT?  Go listen!  What are my goals?  See above under WIPsDancing!


MILE-A-MONTH GOAL:

One of my knitting goals each year is to knit up at least 12 miles of yarn.  Sometimes, I make it to a mile a month, sometimes I don't, but it usually averages out. Since I always keep a KnitMeter button in the sidebar of the blog and on my Ravelry profile, my accountability is always out there in public, so I figured I might as well verbalize the goal and see if anyone's interested.  Knitters and crocheters, want to join me in this?  Just post pictures to Instagram with the hashtag #mileamonth.  For tweets, use the same hashtag.  Feel free to spread the word around; it will be interesting to see how it goes.  You can get a free KnitMeter account at www.knitmeter.com.  (No, I'm not affiliated in any way with them.  I've used KnitMeter for years.)  Who knows?  If a bunch of people participate, maybe I'll offer some prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment