January 5, 2011

Iron Craft 2011 - Challenge #1 - COMPLETE

As you may remember, the first Iron Craft challenge for 2011 was Lighting the Winter Gloom.  I wanted to complete this challenge using only items I already had at home.  After considering several different options, I went for the one that gave me warm fuzzies and reminded me of being a kid in elementary school "Crafts" class with Hazel Bullin.  (You still around somewhere, Mrs. Bullin?)  This time, I managed to complete it without giving myself a permanent scar on my left thumb (or anywhere else, for that matter).  I also liked this project b/c, to me anyhow, it has an element of humor and kitsch.
Behold, my homage to "Lighting The Winter Gloom":

IC1.1 IC1.2 IC1.3 IC1.4 IC1.5 IC1.6 IC1.7 IC1.8

3 comments:

  1. Makes me think of an old school Italian restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, 'cept this is a beer bottle leftover from when Hubby used to brew his own beer (for about a minute), not a straw-wrapped Chianti bottle, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen these in years. In the 60s and 70s, it seemed like every home had a table sporting a Mateus or Chianti bottle festooned with candle drippings. Thanks for the flash from the past.

    ReplyDelete