January 6, 2011

Overheard: More From Christmas Vacation

Poppa:  I got you this copy of my friend's daughter's book of poetry.  I thought it might inspire you to start writing poetry again.

Erica:  But, Dad, I'm emotionally stable now; I don't NEED to write poetry any more!


I don't think "K" quite got the point, here:

K:  I'm SO full, and looking at your plate, I'm getting even fuller.  I just have to look away!
E:  Isn't it funny?  This is how much I HAVE to eat to keep from losing more weight.
M:  Gee, what a nice problem to have.
N:  And just think, she weighed every bit of that food!
K:  You weighed your dinner?  Are you going to weigh your dessert, too, or are you just going to go for it?
E:  [smiling politely] No, I'm not going to have any dessert; that's OK....

No comments:

Post a Comment