February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Highlights

Definitely felt odd to be home with the girls on Valentine's Day, but I planned & put time in to try to make it fun & special for them. 

I set the table nicely and tried to plan a meal with an abundance of red food.  Hubby & the girls each had chocolate, a card, and a gift on their plate.  Hubby ended up grilling the meat, which was a big help.  I meant to put a drop of red food coloring in the bottom of each glass so that when we poured our drinks they would turn red, but I forgot.  Maybe I'll do that with green on St. Patrick's Day, aka Thing Two's birthday...



001

Menu:

  • London Broil
  • Composed salad of spring mix, artichoke hearts, sliced beets & grape tomatoes w/feta cheese dressing
  • Farfalle with simple red sauce OR red rice
  • Grilled sourdough
  • Brussels sprouts, leeks & shredded carrots

003 
Yes, it tasted as good as it looked.


For dessert for Hubby & the girls, an almond-kist red velvet cake with vanilla frosting:

004

A veritable plethora of cards from family and friends:

008

Hubby scored some cool gifts, and I got a great card:

Hemp Cup Cozy.1 010 009

No comments:

Post a Comment