February 16, 2011

Cover Band Meme

Once again, I've been inspired by Madame Publisher, Shannon.  She did this in a note on Facebook, but I thought I'd do it as a blog meme.  If you read this feel like participating, consider yourself tagged.

Say you form a cover band, and you need to pick 10 songs for your first album.  What 10 songs do you pick?  If you're going to change them up at all, explain how.

Here, in no special order, are my choices for my cover band, The Spinsters:

  1. I'll Stand by You - Pretenders
  2. The Only Thing That Looks Good on Me is You - Bryan Adams
  3. Come to Jesus - Mindy Smith
  4. I'll Fly Away - Allison Krauss & Gillian Welch
  5. Good Day - Luce
  6. Love is Like Oxygen - Sweet
  7. Patience - Guns 'n Roses
  8. I Want You to Want Me - Cheap Trick
  9. Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
  10. Meet You There - Simple Plan
What is the secret bonus track on the limited edition of your CD?

  1. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

You play your first concert, and the crowd goes wild.  When you leave the stage, the crowd is on their feet, screaming and chanting for more.   What three songs do you play as your encore?

  1. I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow
  2. Super Freak - Rick James
  3. Love Shack - B-52's

No comments:

Post a Comment