October 1, 2011

Pregnancy And Infant Loss (PAIL) Awareness Month

October is, among other things, Pregnancy And Infant Loss (PAIL) Awareness Month here in America.  As usual, I plan to post various articles, links, and tips throughout the month as my emotional state allows.

MY FIRST TIP:  Do NOT be afraid to talk about this subject!  When you do talk about it, you will be amazed to find out how many people have been touched in some way by miscarriage, stillbirth, and/or infant loss.  I never realized how common it was until I started attending a neonatal death support group and wearing my button with Paul's picture on it on the days he was alive and through October every year.




For a peek at one woman's way of channeling the pain of losing her newborn son, please read my story, The Knitting, which appeared in Knitty (online knitting magazine) back in 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment