January 2, 2012

Sonoma Christmas

[Insert Festive Imaginary Photos Here]

In keeping with this year's Christmas theme of not trying to do too much in one day, on the 26th, we slept in a bit, had a leisurely morning, then headed on up to my parents' house in Sonoma to celebrate with them and my sister.  The afternoon and evening were SO relaxed, in fact, that I never got around to taking a SINGLE photo.  D'oh!  This was, however, 100% a reflection of my relaxed state, not of some weird wish not to remember the time or a desire to slight anyone;  I just didn't do it.  Sigh.

We did, however, have a lovely time giving and receiving gifts, having dinner together, and spending the night.

The girls were especially thrilled about their warm, fleecy pajamas and the Harry Potter DVD boxed set.  (Stupid me, however, planned on having a movie marathon in Truckee, but didn't consider the fact that we had gotten blue ray DVD's, but the DVD player up there is not a blue ray player.  D'oh!  Major disappointment for all three Hernandez ladies...)

Jews say, "Next year in Jerusalem".  Well, I say, "Next year, I'll take pictures!"  When my sister gets home and sends me her pictures, I'll post some.  Suffice it to say, we had a good time and are really grateful to have so much loving family in the area that we have to juggle time with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment