April 30, 2012

Downton Abbey Swap

I haven't participated in a swap in several years, so when I heard that Maria from the Subway Knits podcast was hosting a Downton Abbey-related swap on Ravelry, I jumped at the chance.  As it turns out, just for grins, Maria set it up that we were all giving to each other - in other words, the same woman I was secretly send a package to was also secretly sending a package to me.

Last week, just a couple of days after my new pal Trina received her package from me, I received my package from her.  As is usual in these swaps, we each answered a questionnaire to enable our swap partners to put together packages that would be well-received.  Because of the program I follow, the "What is your favorite snack to have with your tea or coffee?" question was kind of moot.  I was thrilled to find out that, not only did Trina heed what I said and not bother to send me any sweets/snacks, to make up for that, she didn't just knit me one item, but two!  How cool is that?

Here are my shots of the generous gift package she sent me.


Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Isn't that amazing?!  Somehow, I doubt Trina actually stayed within the specified budget, but I think I probably went over, too, so it's all good.  If we do end up going to visit our friends the Johnsons in WA this summer, I hope to be able to meet Trina.

Then again, if I meet her in real life, she'll find out I'm not really the "hip mom" she thinks I am, LOL.  Dunno if I'm ready to blow my cover....

No comments:

Post a Comment