July 23, 2016

Annual Camping Trip


Since the fourth of July fell on a Monday, our annual camping trip was a tad later than usual - the 12th through 17th - but it definitely happened and was bigger than ever - 12 campsites needed!

Andrew and I got to experience camping (read:  RV'ing) without the girls for the first time, and I will freely admit it was terrific!  We had so much less stuff to bring, less food to bring, and 100% less talking and giggling at 3am every night.  Glorious!

We hit the road Tuesday morning, timing
things so that we would arrive at the campground
right at 2:00 check-in time. It worked.



On our way North, we picked up a couple of young
passengers who wanted to come up early,
even though their dad couldn't come till Thursday.

We're getting better at set-up every year.
This time, we were done in an hour, even including
Andrew setting up S&C's tent for them.


As soon as we were set up,
I was sitting in the sun, casting on.


When the sun moved, I changed venue.


My Giant Stash-Eating Cowl and Gualala Ripley
magically kept me warm through the week.
I never ended up needing my jacket the whole trip,
even at night.


We were not the only lucky ones not tenting it.



Friday, I played yarn chicken. (and won).


Shawl looks good, even before washing and blocking.
(Yes, this IS the aforementioned Noro.)


This year, I braved the cold and joined the gang for beach day on Saturday.  Of course, the kids, being kids, wore bathing suits and weren't cold.  They're nuts.

It was great to have The Fearsome Foursome together again.

Omagourds, Sammy and Dusty had fun at the beach!

Huazanos came this year and had a blast.





Grillmaster Flash cooked dinner
on the fire every night.


Did we have a good time going w/o the kids?
Well...next year, I might actually DIScourage them
from coming along, LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment