September 19, 2016

Miscellaneous Assortment

In only THREE DAYS, we will have a third legal adult in our home.  HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?


Last week, I started a part-time job which varies from 4 - 12 hours/week.  Friends of ours take care of their invalid grandma and had some gaps in their week where, despite their staggered work schedules, no one was available to be home during Grandma's naptime.  99.999% of the time, it's the easiest job in the world - I just hang out and knit while Grandma sleeps, checking on her pretty frequently.  In case of an emergency like Grandma falling out of bed (last time she fell out, she got a concussion!), it will be a good thing I was there, and I'll earn every penny.

Working while I "work"; life is good!



Speaking of knitting, my current design projects are going well.  Can't show you much, but here are two peeks:





Abby currently has an A in Chemistry Honors and an A- in Pre-Calculus.  If I hadn't been present and awake at the birth, I'd wonder if she was really MY kid!


Speaking of Abby (and Sarah), look what my dad dug up from when Abby was almost eight:


No comments:

Post a Comment