November 6, 2013

A Little Knitting

Rather frustrated with my current WIP at the time, when my dear friend Teresa called and asked if I could kick down some handknit baby hats for a charity event her employer was sponsoring, I jumped at the chance for a change of pace.  Luckily, I hadn't moved the yarn I got at the CFR5 yarn swap into the main stash, so I didn't have to go hunting for appropriate yarn to use.

Behold:


Como 1
Yarn #1
Trendy Baby Hat



Artesanal
Yarn #2
Cotton HatBasic Hat Ratatouille(esque)



I'm kind of in love with the brown yarn.  It's Aslan Trends Artesanal, and it's a tweedy blend of cotton, nylon, and alpaca. I *REALLY* want to knit myself a sweater out of this yarn in nearly any color.  It's rather pricey, though, so I'll watch for a good deal on it somewhere.  In the meantime, I'm glad I got the chance to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment